The Year of the III Caesars: The Roman Civil War of AD 69 is a 1-2 hour card driven political wargame. Your forces must get to Rome and seize it both militarily and politically before any rivals can successfully dispute your claim. Rome had been a Republic with Senators for about 500 years. Then came the line of emperors: Julius, Augustus, Tiberius, Calligula, Claudius, and then the sixth evil Emperor Nero. After the beast Nero committed suicide in AD 68 after a failed attempt to prove he was God incarnate, it appeared the Roman Empire had received a fatal wound to its head (leadership) which could not be healed.
Three Caesars: The Roman Civil War of AD 69 re-creates the struggle after Nero’s death. Galba, Ortho, and Vitellius engaged in a war where Romans fought against their fellow Romans to see who would become the next emperor of Rome. Historically, none of them succeeded, either militarily or politically. Can you succeed where they failed? If not, General Vespasian is on his way to Rome to proclaim himself emperor, and begin the Flavian Dynasty.
- One full-color 22″ x 32″ game map with possible Canvas upgrade
- Two sheets of 3/4″ double sided round counters (103 counters) on thick stock
- One sheets of 5/8″ double sided square counters (40 counters) on thick stock
- Eight rectangular mounted double sided Leaders with base
- Two Decks of 54 Playing Cards (108 total)
- One Rule book (with game charts and example of play)
- Two Six Sided dice